Cry as much as you need. You are not alone. Life is difficult for everyone at various degrees, at various times. It is normal to feel overwhelmed and exhausted. You will make it through. You are stronger, braver and smarter than you think. It’s always darkest before it starts getting better. It’s absolutely normal to get knocked down and you will get up again.
This past few months have been a roller coaster of ups and downs. It hasn’t been an easy ride, but my head is still hanging high and I wanted to share some positive thoughts with others who might also be struggling.
I know I do feel better when I’m dancing. My body doesn’t let me dance very often or for very long, but I do feel much happier in those moments.
What helps raise your spirits when you are down?
This is my music list when I need a little inspiration and encouragement:
- Better When I’m Dancing – Meghan Trainor
- Brave – Moriah Peters
- Butterflies – Hudson Taylor
- Don’t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
- Everything’s Okay – Lenka
- Fight Song – Rachel Platten
- Grateful – Diane Warren
- Keep Your Head Up – Andy Grammer
- Life Is Not An Easy Road – Shontelle
- Looking Up – SafetySuit
- My Silver Lining – First Aid Kit
- Revival – Selena Gomez
- Rise UP – Andra Day
- Shake It Out – Florence + The Machine
- Tubthumping – Chumbawamba
- You’ll be Okay – A Great Big World