I’m getting super tired of having the same debate about gun violence over and over again. There needs to be better laws and regulations concerning guns.
If you reply anything in the lines of…
- “It would have been horrible if there was a drunk driver who smashed through and ran over a bunch of kids I would feel just as horrible. But they’re not going to ban alcohol or cars.”
- “You know how easy it is to make a plastic gun? Ban 3d printers!”
- “If you take my guns, his daughter will not come back. But my ability to protect mine will be severely compromised.” (It’s been proven that having a gun in the house actually puts your family in more danger.)
- “He could have made a bomb with fertilizer. Ban fertilizers!” (Actually, after someone used a bomb made with a certain type of fertilizer, which contained ammonium nitrate, the government imposed severe restrictions on the purchase of that type of fertilizer.)
- “The second amendment easy. The second amendment was put in place to ensure that an authoritarian dictatorship/ruling monarchy will never rise to power and overtake the UNITED STATES.” (seriously, you are still worried about the monarchy taking over?)
You are part of the problem
It has been proven by so many countries that better laws and gun regulations reduce the amount of bloodshed. This shouldn’t even be a debate anymore, but once again, people don’t believe facts.
A shooter in Australia, who back in 1996 murdered 35 people at a tourist attraction in Tasmania. Very quickly the government of the day banned guns for all except bonafide sporting shooters and farmers, made the owning of unlicensed firearms illegal, and organized an amnesty involving a gun buyback scheme. That worked. They haven’t had a mass shooting since. How anyone believes that a civilian should own an AR-15 is beyond me.