Wild animals are fascinating. Here are a few interesting facts that you may not be aware of:
- Inbreeding tigers to make them white has left the animals with serious health problems.
- Baby elephants suck on their trunk the same way kids suck on their thumbs. It comforts them. Adult elephants can die of a broken heart if a mate dies. They refuse to eat and will lay down, shedding tears until they starve to death.
- Following the success of the movie “Finding Nemo,” clown-fish have become popular pets, and that’s led to over-fishing in the wild and even local extinction in some places. We have to remember that fish are also wild animals and should be respected as such.
- The little brown bat species can eat 600 mosquitoes in an hour. Consider me a fan.
- Caterpillars turn into goo before they turn into butterflies?
Wildlife provides many benefits to the ecosystem.
Moose may soon disappear from some parts of Manitoba, where populations are down as much as 57 percent. Let’s save Moose.